One person was killed while three others critically injured when a fire broke out in a garment factory here this evening in South Delhi's Shahpur Jat area.
According to a Fire Service official, they got a call about fire in a garment factory at around 6:25 PM and five fire tenders were pressed into service and it took over one-and-a-half hour to douse the blaze.
Several workers were inside the factory when the fire broke out and most of them managed to save their lives.
However, four of them were trapped inside.
Later, they were rescued by fire officials.
"The injured were rushed to Safdarjung hospital where one was declared dead while others are under treatment. It seems the fire was caused by short circuit," said a fire official.
A case of negligence against unknown persons has been registered at Hauz Khas police station.
© Copyright PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.