Two shops in NH 5 Market of the district were gutted in a fire today.
Two fire tenders were rushed to spot and they took around an hour to control the blaze, said a spokesman of the Fire Brigade.
All the items in both the shops were completely destroyed, he said.
According to information, the fire broke out in a LPG cylinder refiling shop and soon spread to a nearby grocery shop. The blaze started due to likeage of the gas from a cylinder.
It is being estimated that the property worth lakhs of rupees was gutted.
© Copyright PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.